SERVING OUR CONGREGATION
ADULT FAITH FORMATION TEAM oversees the educational activities of all organizations within the congregation, such as Bible Studies and classes, Women’s Ministry, Book Clubs, Contemplative Prayer Group, and the Carlson Library. It encourages the use of teaching and worship materials, published or approved by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and seeks to introduce the church’s periodicals and books of family devotion into the homes of the congregation. Chair is Linda Babcock firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY TEAM provides Christian Education and other activities for the children through Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, day camps, theatre and other activities as appropriate. Contact the Director of Children’s Ministry, Adriana Findlay. Adriana@lcrchurch.org
CONGREGATIONAL CARE TEAM provides an unbroken circle of congregational compassionate care and support throughout the seasons of life.
- Altar Flowers are distributed by members to those unable to attend worship.
- Care Committee assists grieving families plan (and serve during) a memorial service reception for their loved one. Contact Sandy Russell email@example.com
- Care Notes provide care education and handwritten notes to homebound members.
- Lay Communion Ministers extend the communion table by visiting and serving communion at home or in care facilities to those unable to attend worship.
- Telephone Ministry provides a vital extension of pastoral care by members through confidential telephone calls to persons homebound.
- Piece Makers quilting group make quilts and quillows.
- Prayer Partners hold the concerns of our congregational members, community and world in prayer.
- Prayer Shawls are knit and given to those living in healthcare facilities, those homebound due to serious illness, or grieving loss of loved ones. Contact Tanda Ainsworth firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priceless Purls knit and crochet caps for newborns and cancer patients. Contact Joanne Auerbach email@example.com
- Meal Care provides home-cooked meals to those following a hospitalization, suffering a significant loss or during other challenging times in their lives. Contact Marti Dennis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospital Visitation provides trained compassionate care visitors to those hospitalized or in care facilities.
- Caring for the Caregiver brochure. Click here
EVANGELISM creates and enhances opportunities for inviting and assimilating individuals and families into our church family; to educate the congregation on ways to minister beyond the church, and to improve hospitality toward members and guests.
FELLOWSHIP BREAKFAST is provided monthly with a featured speaker on diverse topics of interest. Al Shaffer at email@example.com
FINANCE COMMITTEE is made up of five to seven voting members of the congregation with the Chair elected by the Congregation Council. Responsibilities include preparation of a draft annual budget, including the congregation’s full indicated share in support of the wider ministry being carried on its behalf by the synod and Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Oversees all financial affairs of the congregation to make sure that they are being conducted efficiently, giving particular attention to the prompt payment of all obligations subject to the approval of the Congregation Council, responsible for the congregation’s investments and annual audits. Doc Wright firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGACY (Endowment) FUND – The purpose of the legacy fund is to provide the means to enable charitable giving consistent with our congregation’s mission beyond programs supported through regular offerings. Duties of the Board are to educate the congregation about the Fund; implement strategies that promote giving to the Fund; and establish procedures for disbursing grant requests.
MINISTRY SUPPORT TEAM (Stewardship) educates and encourages members on how to faithfully use the resources that God has entrusted to us. Examples include writing Disciples in Action stories, conducting financial workshops, leading the annual financial response, and collaborating with other ministries in events such as the Ministry Fair.
PROPERTY MINISTRY TEAM ensures that the campus is safe, in good repair and presentable to all who use the facilities; to perform preventative maintenance; to plan for depreciation and replacement of all property; and to perform studies and develop plans for enhancements to the facilities. Contact Ed Babcock email@example.com
SHARED MINISTRY TEAM lives out the affirmation that all people are called to ministry. As members of a faith community, we are invited to serve together in a spirit of mutuality as partners. Working cooperatively, we strive to discover, develop, utilize, and support the gifts of each person and, as responsible stewards, to participate in the ongoing creative and restoring activity in our communities and the world. Contact the Director of Shared Ministry, Karen Idler Karen@lcrchurch.org
SOCIAL MINISTRY TEAM coordinates and implements outreach, service, evangelism, and action efforts to support numerous relief and community care locally and worldwide. Click here to download form to provide monetary help or donations of food or time in preparing annual Christmas baskets. Contact Judy Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
TEEN MINISTRY TEAM supports the Director of Teen Ministry in providing junior high and high school students with a strong spiritual foundation, faith growth and integration, and strong adult mentors. This includes preparing a Confirmation program.
WORSHIP AND MUSIC MINISTRY TEAM - Chair is Kathy Wood email@example.com This team assists the Pastors and the Director of Worship and Music in planning and organization of worship services and music programs; integrating theater and worship arts; training and scheduling of Ushers (Usher Coordinator Earl Cole firstname.lastname@example.org), Greeters (Greeter Co-Coordinators Le Viksten email@example.com) and Dale Munson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lectors (Coordinator Len Merkel (email@example.com), Acolytes and Crucifers (the Director of Teen Ministry), and Communion Assistants (Coordinator Val Bryan firstname.lastname@example.org); preparation of the altar for services (Altar Guild Co-chairs Lorraine Wells email@example.com and Noreene Shaffer firstname.lastname@example.org); communion set-up, arrangement of altar flowers and banners for worship; and maintenance of worship equipment, musical instruments, and materials.